As of 2012 I have joined the legions of book reviewers. My name is Nadine, I am 26 years old and I’m on my way to becoming an interpreter. That said, English is not my first language (it’s German), so if you come across any spelling or grammar mistakes on my blog, bear with me (and also, be nice and drop me a line so I can correct it).
While I’ve been writing reviews for years and years, I’ve never done it quite as organised as I can on a personal blog. My homebase genres are and always will be fantasy and, more recently, science fiction, but I do deviate into other genres or – dare I say it – literary fiction. I have my go-to writers but I’m always open for new suggestions. If you think there’s a book I absolutely should read, don’t hesitate to let me know.
If you’re an author or publisher and would like to send me a book to review, drop me an email with the specifics.
What I will review:
- Fantasy – except for paranormal romance, I’ll read pretty much anything
- Science Fiction – see fantasy
- Young Adult – preferably fantasy/sci-fi, not so much contemporary or romance
- Children’s Books
- Graphic Novels
- Historical Fiction
- Literary Fiction
What I won’t review:
- Chick Lit: I’m not a fan of those quirky mid-thirties romance novels
- Romance: If it’s exclusively a romance novel (no historical/fantasy/sci-fi element to it), I probably won’t be interested
- Self-published books: I will make exceptions if I’ve already read and liked one of your books.
I prefer e-books in epub format (html or mobi is also ok) but if you’re willing to send me a paper copy, please contact me and I’ll send you my full address. Any copies I receive for review will be marked as such.
I write full reviews here on my blog as well as over at the German book forum Literaturschock. In addition, I post short reviews on Goodreads with a link to the full review included. If you do send me a review copy, I will do my best to read and review it. But I can’t promise anything. Reading is a hobby so I reserve the right to pick and choose what to read for fun.