As you may have noticed, the Science Fiction & Fantasy Book Review has a new look. *does happy dance*
It’s not so much that I was bored with the old design but I felt that it lacked in readability. Reading grey on nearly-black is not exactly easy on the eyes and certain things were a bitch to format. I find this theme much easier on the eyes and the color scheme is totally up my alley. What do you think?
If you find anything that still looks weird, let me know – I’m working hard on fixing formatting mistakes and trying to make everything look as nice as possible.
The theme I am now using is called Retro-Fitted and it won me over for a lot of reasons:
- black writing on white background
- cool font type for headers and titles
- quotes show up more clearly and I adore the little quotation mark on the left
See what I mean?
Isn’t that absolutely adorable?
- This more conventional blog type shows the entire post instead of a featured image and just the first few lines. No more “click to continue reading” for you. I’m actually on the fence about that one and would appreciate some feedback. Do you guys prefer picking the posts you want to read from a list or a set of images? Or do you like this style better?
- My pages are now on the top which is probably a matter of personal taste – but I like it
- only one sidebar. I have a tendency to overload my blog and this will make sure I stick to the essentials
- sample images and illustrations. Again, the white background won me over. Now pictures look so much nicer and cleaner than they used to.
All things considered, I am very happy with the new style so far. And maybe I’ll even play around with the css a little and customize it some more (if I ever get off my ass and learn how that works…).
Now I want to know what you think of the design. Let me know in the comment section below (ooh, that reminds me, I haven’t checked out what that looks like now) or send me an e-mail to email@example.com .