This week’s Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, is a Halloween freebie. Instead of going for creepy recommendations of books I’ve read, I am going to post my top ten scary books on my TBR that I’ve been wanting to read for ages but haven’t yet. I hope the guilty conscience helps me get onto these…
- Sarah Lotz – The Three
- Shirley Jackson – The Haunting of Hill House
- David Wong – John Dies at the End
- Helen Oyeyemi – White is for Witching
- Frances Hardinge – Cuckoo Song
- Mercedes M. Yardley – Pretty Little Dead Girls
- Lisa Goldstein – The Uncertain Places
- Mark Z. Danielewski – House of Leaves
- Robert Jackson Bennett – American Elsewhere
- Bram Stoker – Dracula
Some of these books I’ve started, some I’m reading right now (House of Leaves has been next to my bed for over a year but it takes a lot of concentration which I don’t have in the evenings), but all of them are must reads for me. I’ve been putting them off for far too long.
I’m already very behind on most of my challenges for the year so there’s no time to catch up on all of these, but I plan to squeeze one creepy book from this list into next week. You know, because Halloween.